How Do I Do A Ouija Board?
My default answer is DON’T.
But I know that some of you will go right ahead and do it anyway so here’s what you need to know.
A Ouija board is not a toy. To be honest it’s not a particularly effective psychic development tool either. It can be a shortcut to spirit communication but you’re unlikely to establish contact with your nearest and dearest.
(If you want to know more about why I think you shouldn’t do a ouija board, or what to make of your ouija board experience if you’ve already had a go, take a look at this article: “What to make of your ouija board experience”)
Ideally, if you ARE going to try a ouija board you should do so in an established and experienced psychic development group. Or have a lot of experience in psychic development work. But the chances are if you’re not experienced in such matters, you want to have a go to see what it’s all about. So if you’re dead keen on doing it here are some simple steps to take to make sure you have as positive an experience as possible.
If You’re Going To Do A Ouija Board Anyway Here Are Some Rules
- Use a bespoke or permanent ouija board, make one yourself – see below
- Turn off the lights – the darkness will increase your fear levels and may encourage someone to ‘cheat’ while they can’t be seen as easily
- Drink or use any drugs before during or directly after having a go with the ouija board
- Perform a ouija board at a location known to be haunted (unless you are all very good mediums with excellent energetic and protection skills)
- Use one large piece, or a number of smaller bits of paper with the letters written on, and burn them all afterwards
- Put energetic or psychic protection measures in place before you start – for information on this read my “psychic protection article” The suggestions relating to visualisations and asking for psychic protection are most relevant here
- Close and ground your energy once you have finished – a simple prayer of thanks to your spirit guides will help. Tea and toast or chocolate biscuits will also help to bring you back to reality.
- Work with close friends that you know well and trust absolutely
- Have a laugh – while you need to treat this type of exercise seriously, don’t feel that you need to be too serious while doing it, laughter keeps the energy positive
- Have one person who can make notes about what information is spelt out
- Stop if you feel scared AT ALL or if you feel uncomfortable or jumpy
You may think I’m going over the top. You may also find that you don’t get a whole lot of information from your ouija board when you employ these methods. This may be because you are filtering out the less happy spirits – which is exactly what you need to do in order to have a positive experience. If you’re serious about your own psychic development, then this isn’t the best way to work on it. You would be better off starting at the beginning and learning the basics of energy work, meditation and other similar skills and developing from there.
I would encourage you to try dowsing rather than a ouija board. As a beginners subject you can get great results quickly from it, without any of the negative associations of a ouija board. Information on dowsing can be found in this article: “3 Tips For Tapping Into Your Psychic Abilities.”
NOTE: Some people prefer to use the term angel board, as opposed to ouija board as it feels less threatening or scary, it’s up to you, but the same rules still apply regardless of its name.